Reasons to Visit in Winter
Chautauqua County's location in the path of lake effect snow storms makes it a prime destination for winter fun. Here are 8 ways to make use of all that snow:
1. Go skiing, snowboarding or tubing at the Peek'n Peak Resort and Spa with 27 slopes, eight chairlifts, three progression terrain parks, a halfpipe, and a new BagJump for praticing stunts.
2. Go cross country skiing or snowshoeing along miles of nature trails or join a guided tour with Evergreen Outfitters.
3. Go snowmobiling on more than 400 miles of trails groomed by five local snowmobile clubs.
4. Tour the wineries in Lake Erie Wine Country and taste Ice Wine, dessert wine made from grapes frozen on the vines.
5. Try the seasonal brews at the Empty Pint, the brewery pub at Southern Tier Brewing Company. Stop by on Saturday and take a tour of the brewery.
6. Take a sleigh ride through the historic grounds of Chautauqua Insitutiton on Saturdays and Sundays throughout January and February. Rides run every half hour from 1-3 pm with tickets available at the Chautauqua Bookstore.
7. Attend a winter festival like the Currier & Ives Sleigh Rally, January 20th; the Snowflake Festival, February 2nd; or the President's Day Weekend Winter Festival, February 15-17.
8. Hide away at a bed and breakfast, vacation home, resort or inn. The weather will cover your tracks.
For More Information On Chautauqua Lake Real Estate and Living Visit: www.chautauqualakehomes.com Our Listings: www.chautauqualakehomes.postlets.com